On Environmental Glaciology (Peer Reviewed)
- Sharma, M.C and Chand, P. (2016). Studies on Quaternary Glaciations in India during 2010-2016. Proceedings of the Indian National Science Academy, 82 (3), pp 869-880. link
- Sharma S, Chand, P., Bisht P., Shukla A.D., Bartarya, S.K., Sundriyal Y.P., and Juyal N (2016). Factors responsible for driving the glaciation in the Sarchu Plain, eastern Zanskar Himalaya, during the late Quaternary. Journal of Quaternary Science, 31(5), pp 495–511. DOI: 10.1002/jqs.2874. link
- Chand, P., Sharma, M.C., 2015. Monitoring frontal changes of the Shah Glacier in the Ravi basin, Himachal Himalaya (India) from 1965 to 2013. National Academy Science Letters (Accepted) link
- Chand, P., Sharma, M.C., 2015. Glacier changes in the Ravi basin, north-western Himalaya (India) during the last four decades (1971–2010/13). Global and Planetary Change 135, 133–147. doi:10.1016/j.gloplacha.2015.10.013 link
- Chand, P., Sharma, M.C., 2015. Frontal changes in the Manimahesh and Tal Glaciers in the Ravi basin, Himachal Pradesh, northwestern Himalaya (India), between 1971 and 2013. International Journal of Remote Sensing. 36, 4095–4113. link
- Chand, P., Sharma, M.C., Prasad, R.N., 2015. Heterogeneity in Fluctuations of Glacier with Ice-cover, Debris-cover and Proglacial-lake in the Upper Ravi Basin, Himachal Himalaya (India) During the Past Four Decades (1971-2013), in: Singh, R., Schickhoff, U., Mal, S. (Eds.), Climate Change and Dynamics of Glaciers and Vegetation in the Himalaya. Springer, Netherlands, pp 155-179. link
- Chand, P., 2013. Digital Elevation Models and Geo-morphometry for studying the glacier geomorphology and glaciations in the upper Ravi basin, Himachal Pradesh, in: 3rd International Geography Congress on Sustainable Natural Resources Management under Changing Climate Scenarios. pp. 81–88.
Other research papers are in pipeline.....
On Remote Sensing and Climate Change
- Singh, K., Chand, P., 2012. Above-ground tree outside forest ( TOF ) phytomass and carbon estimation in the semi-arid region of southern Haryana : A synthesis approach of remote sensing and field data 1469–1482. Link
- Singh, I.J., Chand, P., 2011. Spatial Temporal variability of apple orchards in response to environmental change in Pattan Valley, Himachal Pradesh using Geospatial Techniques’. Int. Geo-informatics Res. Dev. J. 2, 4–18.link
- Chakraborty, S., Mondal, A., Chand, P., 2011. Land use classification by fuzzy logic approach using Landsat 7 ETM+ image. J. GIS India 20, 20–21.
- Chand, P., Acharya, P., 2010. Shoreline change and sea level rise along coast of Bhitarkanika wildlife sanctuary , Orissa : An analytical approach of remote sensing and statistical techniques , 1436–455. link